Thursday, May 12th, 2016 at
1. Make sure that your video clips are relevant and informative – For starters, ensure that your video provides useful and informative information. Videos that demonstrate step by step procedures are great, videos that express an opinion about a specific topic can be useful too. Videos that have nothing to do with your brand or service offering or are general or vague in nature will just confuse your audience. Save the viewer the trouble and don’t just upload a video for the sake of uploading a video.
2. SEO Video Optimization Fundamental Tip #1: Give your video a Catchy Title – Video can be used to bring visitors to your site. One way to get users to view your video is to give it a catchy title that contains a related key phrase that is relevant to your product, service or brand.
3. Use Video as a Portal to other Content on Your Site – Upload a couple of videos to portals like YouTube and provide links back to related content and other videos on your site.
4. SEO Video Optimization Fundamental Tip #2: Optimize your video for Important Key Phrases – You might want to optimize your video for terms users are likely to be searching for. Tag your video with these terms, consider naming the file name of the video with these terms in mind.
5. Provide Transcripts of your Videos – Good old HTML content is still a favorite with the search engines. If you want your video to rank well, you need to give the search engines something to index and rank. Surround your videos with onpage copy that can be indexed by the search engines.
6. Keep Your Videos to five minutes or less – there is nothing worse than a boring video that goes on an on. If you have video content that is of long duration, consider breaking it up into smaller pieces and tag each accordingly. Not only does this make for better viewing pleasure, it also keeps the user looking for more.
7. Make use of a Video Sitemap – For video that is native to your own website, make sure that users and search engine spiders can find your video content. The easiest way to do this is through the use of a video sitemap on your site. Use important keywords in the anchor text links to your videos featured on your video sitemap.
8. SEO Video Optimization Fundamental Tip #3: Tag Your Videos – tag your videos with key phrases that are reflective of the content.
9. Brand your Video with your Logo – Video is a great tool to generate brand awareness with your prospects. Take advantage of this by incorporating your brand in your videos.
10. SEO Video Optimization Fundamental Tip #4: Remember Inbound Linking Factors – Link to videos using important keywords in anchor text.
11. Offer the Option to Embed Your Video – allow other users access to the coding that will allow them to embed your video on their website or their blog. Think viral marketing
12. SEO Video Optimization Fundamental Tip #5: Add Descriptive Meta Data – optimize your video for relevant keywords and include a keyword rich description of your video content.
13. Allow Users to Rate your Video – videos that receive higher ratings from users are the ones that users tend to favorite and save. You can bet that the search engines will pay attention to this when ranking these videos.
14. Syndicate Your Video – Submit your video to RSS.
Related posts: EasyFLV Streaming Video softwareWhat is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Internet Affiliate Marketing?6 Tips to Drive Traffic to your SiteUsing Camtasia Could Increase Your Affiliate Marketing ScoreSEO Guidelines – Some Good Stuff
View the original article here